After the success of our previous contest, we bring you the final Indy photo competition of the year! This time, to coincide with the National Day of Tradition (9th November), the theme is ‘The Argentine Campo’.
Gauchos, countryside, horses, mate… break out your inner criollo and send us your images of daily life, traditional culture, and people from Argentina’s rural heartlands.
Contestants should send us their best shot of ‘The Argentine Campo’ to [email protected] by Friday 22nd November.
The Indy’s photography team will then select the best images and the final judgement will go over to you, our readers, to vote via Facebook during a ten-day period.
All the finalists will have their photograph printed and displayed at the next Underground Market on 7th December. And the winner can show a bit more of their work as they will have the chance to have a personal ‘Indy Eye‘ published here on our website, showcasing up to a dozen of their favourite shots.
Here are the rules:
– To enter, please email your photograph to [email protected] by Friday 22nd November.
– Photographs may be taken on any type of camera but must have been taken in Argentina.
– Only one entry may be submitted per person and it must be accompanied by your full name and one line caption, giving background on the image – where and when it was taken, and what is being captured.
– Size your image to a maximum of 1024 pixels on the longest side before sending. We will ask finalists for high resolution versions to print and display at the Underground Market
– The image entered and all rights to it must be your own. In submitting your photograph, you agree to The Argentina Independent’s non-exclusive use of your image on our website, newsletter and associated printed press.
– You maintain full copyright to your photograph and, where used by The Argentina Independent, the photograph will be credited to you as the photographer, with a link to your online portfolio where applicable.
Lead image by Eduardo Amorim.