The Indy is organising a fundraising event this Saturday in aid of the victims of the floods in La Plata in which over 50 people lost their lives. All proceeds will go to Red Solidaria, an NGO which is taking a lead role in the relief efforts.
The devastating floods led to immense damage and losses in the Buenos Aires’ provincial capital, and many neighbourhoods remain without power, hampering efforts to help those who have lost their homes and livelihoods and continue to be without basic resources.
In the first of its kind, this will be a simultaneous fundraising event in conjunction with the Argentine community in London co-hosted by ARenIN and APARU. For details of the London event, please visit ARenIN’s facebook page.
The Buenos Aires event, which will be hosted at The Clubhouse in the heart of Palermo, and will include many activities, including comedy from GrinGo! Stand Up in English, music by Melanie Isabel, and a raffle with the following prizes confirmed (so far!):
– ‘Llanura #2′: Limited edition print photograph by Alejo Schatzky
– A night for two at La Casona del Rio
– AR$1000 voucher for services at AreaTres shared office space
– Tours of the Palacio Barolo
– Meals at La Fabrica Del Taco
– Shopping tour for four people with Creme de la Creme
– Two week free pass for Boot Camp Buenos Aires
– Meals at La Cocina Discreta
– Yoga classes at BA Life Centre
– Haircut and blow dry by Terrie Orr
– Two tickets for a tour to a football match courtesy of Wander Tours
– Meals at Chipper Fish and Chips
– Four entrances for dinner-show at Bar Sur
– A portrait session with Beatrice Murch Photography
– Goodie bag from Sugar & Spice
– Four tickets to GrinGo! Stand Up in English
– Limited edition print and calendar by Julie-Ann Cosgrove
– Meals at Jueves a la Mesa
– Free BAFA game and BAFA shirt
– Painting by Paula Lifschitz
– Print photograph by Emma Hodson
– Signed football shirts
– Signed first edition of “Happy Tango: Sallycat’s Guide to Dancing in Buenos Aires” by Sally Townsend Blake
– Painting by Sally Townsend Blake
– Tours to Tigre courtesy of BsAs4U and two US$50 vouchers to spend on the tour of your choice
– Two one-month passes for Canguro Fit Crossfit / Fitness Classes
– Vouchers for the next Underground Market
– Two Foto Ruta weekly passes
Should you wish to provide your services, donate products for the raffle, or have any queries, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entrance $20 in advance, $30 on the door. To buy your ticket in advance, please come by our office at Lambaré 873, Almagro, Monday-Friday 10-6pm. The event starts at 9pm with entertainment beginning at 10pm.